Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Precious MawMaw

So this is a picture of
 my MawMaw Maune.
I always called her MawMaw Nee
when I was little because
I couldn't say all three maws.
Her proper name is
Maune Vergie Mae
Winkles Harper.


Isn't she beautiful?
She has lived on this earth 88 years.

She got married to my pawpaw
in 1936
when she was 12 years old.
He was 17.
They were married 62 years when he died.
She has raised six great kids who 
each have families of their own
and have given her 15 grandchildren,
24 great grandchildren,
and 10 great, great grandchildren.

MawMaw has been
a Christ follower,
devoted wife and mother,
homemaker, 
field worker (helping my pawpaw),
and has had a full life.
She loves her family
very much and finds much
joy, even now, in her 
grandchildren and
great grandchildren
(especially the little ones.)

She lies now most days in a bed
but is getting more able to sit up,
communicate with us, 
and feed herself with a little help.
She may never be fully back 
to where she was before the 
stroke.
We are praying and trusting
that she will regain the use of 
her right side and her ability
to communicate without
trouble but
we know 
God is in control 
and she may not be whole again
this side of glory.

What  a day her homegoing will be for her!
She has told me
how she will 
not miss this world.
She says maybe she
will miss some of us,
her family, but 
other than that,
she will be glad!
We will miss her greatly 
but I know 
she will have such joy!
She will be with her Savior,
her husband,
her parents,
many of her siblings,
and others
she misses 
who have gone
on before her.

I know that I am 
who I am
because of my
precious MawMaw
(and my other grandparents).
They all influenced me
in many ways,
some ways I don't even realize.
Someday, 
I pray I have a 
grandchild who 
recounts my life
and realizes 
they are who
they are 
because 
of me.
Hopefully,
it will be a sweet
remembrance
just as mine is 
about my
Maw Maw Nee.




No comments:

Post a Comment